I seek to transform the learning and teaching environment to be relevant for today’s students and currently contribute to this goal as the superintendent for the Sitka School District in Sitka, Alaska. I also work on the state and national level in the area of advocacy regarding policies and funding that promote the value of public education to society and the necessity of learning in digital-rich environments for success in life.
In addition to my advocacy work, I am active in arts education organizations in Alaska, and work to end poverty and homelessness in my home community. My Research focus involves synchronous online learning, critical thinking, and social learning constructs.
Granddaughters Aubrie and Adelynn
- Superintendent Endorsement from University of Alaska SE 
- League of Innovative Schools Member [2015 to present]
- Doctorate in Educational Technologies from Pepperdine University 
- White House Summit on Technology in Education Participant 
- Alaska Society for Technology in Education [ASTE] President’s Award 
- Alaska State Council on the Arts, Council Member [2014 to present]
- Alaska Arts Education Consortium [AAEC], SE Representative [2013 to 2014]
- ASTE President 
- Promotional Cover of the International Society for Technology in Education [ISTE] Learning & Leading with Technology Periodical that highlighted me as an Ed Tech Superhero 
- Easter Group Secretary [2011 to present]
- ISTE Making IT Happen, Award Recipient 
- ASTE President’s Award 
- ISTE Public Policy and Advocacy Committee [2006 to present]
- ISTE/Consortium for School Networking [CoSN] Joint Policy Advisory Committee [2006 to 2013]
- EdTech Action Network [ETAN], Alaska Co-Chair [2005 to 2013]
- Administrative Endorsement from University of Alaska Anchorage 
- Masters in Educational Technology from University of Alaska SE 
- Academy of Excellence, Award Recipient 
- Bachelor of Science in Comprehensive Special Education and Elementary Education from the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire 
- Digital Promise video about Sitka School District's Mobile Makerspace project
- An interview of me is featured in Gail Marshall's article titled "What full-scale change looks like - and how to get there" that was printed in the Janurary 2017 Entrsekt magazine published by ISTE.
- Link to White House ConnectEd video where President Obama addresses my leadership in Ed Tech
- November 19, 2014: Link to KTUU Story About President Obama Highlighting my Ed Tech Leadership
- November 20, 2014: Link to KCAW Story About President Obama Highlighting my Ed Tech Leadership
- ISTE article about my leadership
- Pam Lloyd Blog
- An interview of me is featured in Gail Marshall's article titled "Leading change: Teacher leaders are catalysts for education transformation" that was printed in the July 2015 Entrsekt magazine published by ISTE.
- ISTE Advocacy Toolkit video that includes 2 of my comments